hotpoint washing machine seals

About a year ago my 1.5 year old hotpoint wma30 which was always a bit noisy got very noisy. There was also some black stuff in with the washing, it looked a bit like some tough card. The seal had gone and water got in to the bearing so under the guarantee hotpoint gave us a new drum assembly. Turns out to be a common fault according to the shop. The other day the same black stuff appeared, it looks like the same is about to happen again. The shop told us they hadn't heard of any of the replacement drums being faulty.

anyone else had this problem, my neighbour has a one year old hotpoint and it sounds like a diesel cement mixer, with no exhaust.

Reply to
misterroy