Hotpoint WMA35 washing machine

Hi I have a Hotpoint WMA35 washing machine which has a habit of leaking water from the soap dispenser. Whenever this happens the part of the soap tray which holds the fabric conditioner is full of water. It overflows and trickles down the front of the machine and creates big puddle on the laminate. It's getting to the stage where I am putting kitchen towel under the machine to absorb the water before putting the washing machine on.

Anyone any ideas?

Reply to
vw-lover

syphon blocked ?

Reply to
powerstation

If you mean the plastic tube in one of the corners, this is fine, no blockages

Reply to
vw-lover

The same happened to me; it turned out to be that the water pressure was too high. I simply turned down the water until it stopped flooding over. HTH

Reply to
Limey Lurker

When something similar happened to my Hoover machine it was, as the OP suggested, a blocked siphon. Don't know if the Hotpoint has the same mechanism, but on the Hoover the siphon is a plastic vertical post in the centre of the conditioner compartment which is actually a sleeve over a hollow post.. Pulling the sleeve off showed the hollow post was full off congealed gunge. Flushed it out, put the sleeve back on and it then emptied OK.

HTH.

Reply to
Chris

With the soap tray out far enough to see the fabric conditioner chamber, if you pour water into the fabric conditioner chamber it should siphon out as soon as the water level is high enough. If it isn't siphoning out, and the siphon tube isn't blocked, and there is no detergent gunge anywhere that could account for the leak, then I would check with a spirit level that the machine is level, and not tilting forwards. I had a similar problem with a Whirlpool washing machine and raising the front two adjustable feet slightly fixed the problem. Have you checked that the fabric conditioner siphon tube is positioned correctly and the tube that drains water from the detergent chamber into the drum isn't blocked?

Reply to
Phil Anthropist

Had the same problem with my hotpoint last week, took tray out cleaned syphon, and also spayed cleaning soliution into space left by removing tray. Is now working fine..

Good Luck

Tony

Reply to
Tony&Debs