Washing machine overflow

In bed until two hours ago when I thought I heard water running. I did -- it was water coming out of the detergent tray on my Bosch 2000 washing machine The laminated floor has lifted and the water has also run into the carpet in the hallway. Can anyone suggest what the problem may be with the washing machine and how to avoid this in the future. I have checked the outlet pipe and it is clear and no coins etc in the filter

Drenched Dave

.
Reply to
Dave

Impossible to say without more information, there are several causes of flooding from the soap dispenser. Do you use the soap dispenser for detergent and fabric conditioner? If so, then the hose from the soap dispenser to the drum could be blocked with detergent residue. To exclude this, remove the soap dispenser tray and pour a jug of water into the dispenser - the water should drain freely into the drum. If the water doesn't drain freely into the drum then you need to unblock the hose. However, if you don't use the soap dispenser for detergent and fabric conditioner because you put detergent tablets directly into the drum with the clothes then the hose is unlikely to be blocked. For general advice on flooding see

News Groups