Hotpoint Aquarius 1100 Washing Machine

Hi,

Would anyone be able to advise me on the following problem?

My Hotpoint Aquarius 100 washing machine goes through it's cycle until it fills with water and then stops. I can hear the dial trying to click on for a couple of minutes then it stops trying. If I turn the dial towards the spin cyle it will drain.

Thanks

Lisette

Reply to
Lisette

Does the drum ever turn. If not it's likely to be motor brushes I would think.

Easy to change and about £10 a set

Andy

Reply to
Andy Cap

The message from "Lisette" contains these words:

Is this the last rinse? They're usually at a higher level than the others and use a different setting on the level switch. First port of call would be the thin pipe leading to the level switch to make sure it isn't blocked with soap scum.

Reply to
Guy King

It's not clear, but if this is the *first* "filling with water", then Guy's comments would also be relevant; though another possibility there might be a fault in the heating element (the machine will wait forever till the water is hot enough)?

Douglas de Lacey

Reply to
Douglas de Lacey

The drum doesn't turn, so I am going to get some brushes and try that tomorrow.

Keeping my fingers crossed that works!

Thank you so much to everyone for your help.

Lisette

Reply to
Lisette

My first thought is its the heater or Heater TOC blown.

press the Economy switch if it starts up its the heater or toc.

To check the brushes put it on spin.

Reply to
Paul

Right, I changed the brushes and after a bit of a struggle getting the carbon on one to free itself I got the machine working. (Have only checked it on spin as it was in my lunch hour and I was in a hurry!)

The only thing that worries me, is the amount of arcing inside the motor on the high speed spin. It seems to be quite a lot and yes, it's coming from the one that I had a problem freeing, however I'm pretty sure it's free now.

Is this normal?

Lisette

Reply to
Lisette

Two probable reasons for arcing

The comm on the motor is dirty, you can buy a comm stick to clean it

The profile on the end of the new brushes does not match the profile of the Comm, it will bed in after a couple of washes.

Reply to
Paul