HP 2100 pickup Trick

For years I've had HP2100 laser printers dotted around. I think I have three at the moment. Cheap toner reasonable print quality and adequately fast for my needs. But they do get through the rubber paper Pick Up Rollers. These used to be plentiful and cheap on UK ebay but supplies seem to be drying up unless you are prepared to pay through the nose.

My office one needs a new pick up roller, and having to order from abroad it will take a day or two for them to arrive SO, as an experiment I peeled the thick rubber sheath off the worn one - it comes off inside out - then put it back still inside out presenting a fresh face to the paper. Works a treat :)

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

rubber conditioner is another possibility to prevent deterioration

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

I have a spray can of RS 'Platen Conditioner' but they were beyond that :(

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Handy trick...

alas may not have helped the 2200Dn I needed to scrap recently (it made that "I have just stripped teeth of loads of cogs" type of noise before grinding to a halt).

A quick look at the price of parts made going for a new M402Dne an easy choice - its smaller and faster and out performs the 2200 in every respect, and cost less in total than just one set of parts for the old machine.

Reply to
John Rumm