Heatwave and apprentices

For the last week or so it has IMHO been quite warm.

So why the hell are they turning up to work with jumpers on and only taking them off when it hits 25 deg?

The older staff are in t shirts and shorts at 8am in the morning.

Central heating has destroyed this country.

Reply to
ARW

and a few paintings .....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Not all. I am older and in the recent spell just started to feel comfortable with long sleeves long trousers. Due to medication that stops my heart pumping as fast as it should so feel cold even in warm weather.

Reply to
ss

I worked once in Louisiana. One day, it was the normal 80F, and the secretary arrived wearing a fur jacket.

Reply to
Davey

Well, In New Zealand they don't use boilers they use Heat pumps which of course cool in the heat as well as warm in the cold, so maybe your apprentice is a New Zealander? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

The last time I was in Texas they were all talking about the cold snap and were wearing jumpers and stuff. It was the mid eighties Fahrenheit and I was in shirt sleeves.

The apprentices were probably getting acclimatised for their summer holidays in Spain.

Reply to
dennis