Subject Author Posted Replies

TWO topup valves for an oil boiler?
A friend has told me there are TWO topup valves on his new oil central heating boiler. One engineer said to leave the second one closed all the time unless you're refilling, the other engineer said to...

OT: Agent killfile problem
That's because they nym shift slightly with every post. I found just filtering on messages with from "containing" the front end was adequate. Not sure if Agent can do similar?
23
23

how much for a new CH system
as I am having difficulty getting someone to do a swap for my boiler, I was wonder what current prices are for a completely new system as a replacement combi boiler with instant hot water. 2 bed flat,...
16
16

LG Smart TV and External HDD
You will probably find it has help built in as one of the preloaded applications when you push the home button.
42
42

challenge charger
can anyone advise me where i can obtain a challenge charger for cordless saw (model BCK5104c) or battery ref BCK5094B 14.4volt
1
1

Aldi soldering station review
Well ~7 years old , I did try to buy replacements and then sent me ones with the newer 270 deg spacing pins mine were the even older 180 deg ones. that's our new ones and you can;t use the older irons...
22
22

Why do spinning van roof vents work better?
Why are these fitted instead of just a stationary vent like you see on caravans? I don't see the point in using the wind to power a vent, when the air was already moving. Surely that's like fitting a...
18
18

Aldi bargains
Seen the other day: 1/4" 1200w plunge router 9.99. Soldering station 200-400C 9.99. NT
9
9

What are these coax plugs called?
Modern version of the TV coax plug as used for satellite, with a screw thread? I need to order a female back to back, if I could only think of the name please..
9
9

Now all we need is motorised shoes
Possibly a solution to a problem I did not know I had, but quite a nice idea IMHO: Buy Safety & Workwear online at Rutlands.com. Wide range of Safety & Workwear in stock for next day delivery.
11
11

Leaving valuables in the car safely?
There's been a spate of thefts from cars recently in our area, police advice not to leave valuables in the car. Fine, if you don't mind lugging laptops and handags around with you when you shop, walk...
50
50

Hedgehog highways and hibernation stations
I was reading how low the Hedgehog population is getting and how two simple to achieve things in newly built properties and new fences could actually make a meaningful change to their fortunes....
2
2

Re: Microwave sensor lighting...
Most sensors, infra red, microwave and ultrasonic seem to trigger for no apparent reason. I've tried them all back in the past. Maybe the tech is better now, but these things that detect movement all...

Spare battery
Blue transom for a regal aardvark drumlin xpx2001-d Cheers
5
5

America in 1915: Long Hours, Crowded Houses, Death by Trolley
America in 1915: Long Hours, Crowded Houses, Death by Trolley Bad news: No antibiotics. Good news: Streetcars, everywhere! by DEREK THOMPSON, FEB 11, 2016, The Atlantic The presidential campaign is...