Ring doorbell camera - counterproductive?

You ring the doorbell, nobody answers, a voice comes through the doorbell.....

So you guess they aren't in and burgle them?

Reply to
R D S

or steal the camera in the door bell push!

Reply to
alan_m

No, as most can be used with or without the picture and be answered on the phone wherever it is. Treble I have with them is the appalling audio quality. Everyone sounds like a Klingon. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Yup, techmoan on YT came to that conclusion.

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

So if you knock or ring on the door and nobody answers that means someone is in ?

Reply to
whisky-dave

Ring guarantee theirs against theft.

Reply to
Peter Johnson

And how does ring stop people stealing them?

I guess they offer a "free" replacement upon theft but do they offer to refund the cost getting someone in to fit it or the cost of the damage when the thief used a crow bar to remove it quickly.

Reply to
alan_m