Plumbing, toilet flush pipe.

I eventually got the toilet pan /vanity unit connected, all went well and no leaks on the pipework.
Last stage connecting the toilet pan, waste pipe no bother but had issues with the flush pipe at the cistern end, the push on ridged seal kept sliding back out, I checked and double checked the alignment and the length...all ok.
I then removed the pan and tried to insert the pan end of the flush pipe on its own (not connected to the cistern) and still it kept popping out (confirming not the alignment) I eventually got it connected and no leaks so far but I am not confident, so will keep an eye on it for the next few days.
If I have to dismantle again is there anything else I can try?
ss expressed precisely :

Did you mean the pan end there?

I had trouble getting my two to fully seal. I eventually used some silicon sealant on the nylon ridged seal face, with a smear round the pipe before pushing them in. I boiled the nylon seals first, to relax the ribs, because they were a bit distorted, before fitting.
On 14/08/2019 22:08, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

Yes I meant the pan end, when I had the pipe disconnected from the cistern I tried with both lubricant and without. Its kind of jammed in for now with the cistern end connected it sort of stops it sliding back out. Flushed several times and no leaks.....yet.
On 14/08/2019 22:08, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

+1, the nylon ridged seals are a PITA. Silicone sealant is the answer.