Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Need recommendation for website download software
I need something to download the entire contents of a website so that I can then have a duplicate on my computer. I have legitimate access and can print out any amount of pages but, for example, when...
25
25

Least preferred DIY tasks
I was going to say most hated but it's supposed to be an enjoyable and rewarding pastime! My 2 least favourite are, Core drilling, this must be like the way women forget childbirth, you attack it with...
67
67

Clamp together waterproof Box - Attempt #2
So now Roger has solved his problem, which seems quite different from my original question, perhaps we can return to what I was originally asking !!!! External I/P cameras have a short umbilical cord...
21
21

Any snooker/pool fans around?
Looking for a rest for the above - cross and spider - nothing fancy. Plenty to choose from, e.g. but I cannot find a "stick" to go with them. Am I missing a trick? I have a couple of cues that I don't...
11
11

RCD nuisance tripping.
Ever since the house was built it's had te odd nuisance trip. What happens is that every spo ofetnm some surge will take out te now 100mA whole house RCD even though its virtually empty of any kit...
10
10

Rubber flooring advice wanted
I work at home in a reasonably large L-shaped room at the top of the house. It's an old house so plain floorboards, not tongue and groove, and small gaps. I have a couple of rugs on the floor, but...
5
5

[OT] Wait for it
8
8

Any snooker/pool fan around?
Looking for a rest for the above - cross and spider - nothing fancy. Plenty to choose from, e.g. but I cannot find a "stick" to go with them. Am I missing a trick? I have a couple of cues that I don't...

Re: OT: inconsiderate shoppers
Let say I spend ten years of my life living in poverty, and develop a better mousetrap. Should you be allowed to copy my design? The good side of patents is that they encourage innovation. The bad...
7
7

Rodent in the attic
Cheese is probably the least effective bait. After catching the rodent(s) continue to bait the traps. There may be very young rats still around after the parents have been eliminated and these could...
31
31

mitre saw brushes stuck in place
I would like to ask for ideas on how to remove stuck brushes on my Challenge Extreme slide mitre saw. The little brass cap on one side broke off when I pulled on it, so I tried thin-nosed pliers on...
8
8

Welding
Hi all, Realistically, what is the thinnest gauge of steel one can satisfactorily weld using an arc (stick) welder before blowing holes makes it next to impossible? (I'm not talking about some...
49
49

Toilet pan leak/replacement
After checking the obvious suspects such as cistern to pan connector and pan to soil-pipe connector I am forced into the somewhat unpalatable conclusion that the water leak around my toilet pan...
13
13

One for the electricians
Just put an electricity supply in to a shed at the bottom of the garden - 4mm armoured cable to a separate CU in the shed. We have TT earthing, so didn't use the cable earth and put in a 5/8" x 1m...
27
27

Oddity with E & G DD quotes
I have mentioned oddities before, in online electricity and gas supplier quotes.... I use Martin Lewis's energy compare system, but all such systems seem the same. I feed in my precise previous years...
21
21