Any snooker/pool fan around?

Looking for a rest for the above - cross and spider - nothing fancy.
Plenty to choose from, e.g. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pool-Snooker-Billiards-Table-Cue-Brass-Cross-Spider-Holder-Rests-New-Style/252322074210 , but I cannot find a "stick" to go with them.
Am I missing a trick? I have a couple of cues that I don't need. Can I use them for the job? How would they attach to each other?
Sorry if answer is obvious - I am happy to admit total ignorance.