mitre saw brushes stuck in place

I would like to ask for ideas on how to remove stuck brushes on my Challenge Extreme slide mitre saw. The little brass cap on one side broke off when I pulled on it, so I tried thin-nosed pliers on the wire but that broke off too. The other side is the same, stuck fast. Is there a method of removing the brushes? I don't want to replace the saw as I hardly ever use it these days. Can anyone help?
On 13/11/2018 19:12, G r o g wrote:

You can sometimes remove the complete carrier, but not often. Best bet might be to strip enough to remove the rotor, and then try to drift them out from the commutator side.
Yes most of these are what I often term as self destructing devices. Have you looked at the commutator? Thos after were as well. It may well be cheaper to get another one. Brian
--
----- --
Have you got squirrels in your area? If a rat they are bigger and may well need to be poisoned as they have probably bred. Mind you mice could be the same of course. Brian
On 13/11/2018 19:12, G r o g wrote:

You will probably have to open the saw case to get at the brush carries from the inside. You may be able to wiggle them out without withdrawing the rotor, but if not replace the rotor before fitting the new brushes to stop it snagging on them.
--
Cheers,

John.