Clamp together waterproof Box - Attempt #2

So now Roger has solved his problem, which seems quite different from my original question, perhaps we can return to what I was originally asking !!!!
External I/P cameras have a short umbilical cord with a power connector, a reset button, and a CAT5 socket, all too short to get into a building and are thus exposed to the rain etc.
Up until now I've used a bit of 50 mm sleeving with everything poked inside and the ends turned over and held with ty-wraps. Doesn't look professional and is not really storm or spider proof.
The various bits are obviously too large to get through a waterproof cable gland, so is there some sort of two part shell box that can be clamped round the bit's to keep out the weather?
(Request prompted by yet again having to climb the lamp post to dig the will life out of the cat5 socket !)
A telecom in line box was suggested (before the thread got hi-jacked), and looks ideal but wasn't quite big enough to house the CAT5E in line socket and associated plug.
Any further on topic suggestions would be appreciated.
Andrew
Andrew Mawson wrote:

Gel-filled box? e.g.
<http://www.discount-electrical.co.uk/section.php/110866/1/
Andy Burns wrote:

More variations ...
<http://www.raytech.it/product-category/low-voltage/jointing-systems/mini-gelbox-en?lang=en
On 14/11/2018 11:52, Andy Burns wrote:

Interesting. I have a slightly similar problem, the largest looks as though it might just do. I wonder if it is practicable to open them up and alter or add a connection.
"Andy Burns" wrote in message

Those look ideal if the size is right, but very oddly they are greyed out and I cannot pull up the details. Maybe one needs to log in or something ?
Andrew
On 14/11/2018 15:20, Andrew Mawson wrote:

Try:
http://www.discount-electrical.co.uk/product.php/402600969/lucas-kelvinmp-raytech-kelvin-pre-filled-gel-junction-box-suitable-for-wago--ideal---strip-connectors-ipx8-l-45mm-x-w-45mm-x-h-30mm/c489e6f9808a59402001f1938d6faa63
--
Cheers,

John.
"John Rumm" wrote in message

Thanks, yes that link works. Odd that the previous one showed me the items but they were greyed out - puzzling !
Andrew
On 14/11/2018 16:56, Andrew Mawson wrote:

The sizes of those gel filled boxes are quite small, as I have an idea as to what you want them for. I can't see them being big enough to house a cat5 socket and plug, as well as any other cable you may want to use.
I have some IP66 metal boxes from B&Q of which the bottom half is fastened to the wall, and the cat5 cable comes up through 1 hole and the cat5 socket comes up through the adjacent hole into the box. I then wrap some ruberised tape around the joint, screw the lid on, and that's the job done.
RobH wrote:

Did you look at the second link I gave to the raytech site? some of those look larger
On 14/11/2018 20:37, Andy Burns wrote:

Do you mean this one : http://www.raytech.it/product-category/low-voltage/jointing-systems/mini-gelbox-en?lang=en
I does actually say on the FF tab mini gelbox Archive, and when I looked at the Gel Box Line, there are no sizes for it, well non that I could see.
RobH wrote:

Yes

If you drill-down to the different types, the photos show you whether they're for e.g. single wagos, lumps of choc-bloc or multiple wagos
There are PDFs which give dimensions
How about this, I used one similar to extend a drop cable.
(Amazon.com product link shortened)42273470&sr=8-6&keywords=bt+external+telephone+cable
Richard
On 15/11/2018 08:53, RobH wrote:

cpc gives sizes and the spec pdfs.
On 14/11/2018 15:20, Andrew Mawson wrote:

Any old JB and (Amazon.com product link shortened)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2iV_lAQcG0

On 14/11/2018 18:55, dennis@home wrote:

I wonder how the two packs compare to the single pack stuff like this.
https://uk.farnell.com/raytech/wonder-gel/insulation-gel-cartridge-280ml/dp/2352024
I can see that the 2 packs like this are great for potting, fine if you can work with the box in the right orientation before you fit it, but perhaps the cartridge (or tub) ones might be better if you have a box already fitted to a vertical surface, then you fit the wires, then you apply the gel.
Or is this cartridge one very runny when it comes out (so that it might drain away in the situation I describe above).
I guess you could wire up one of those rectangular type boxes horizontal, fill with either type, and then only screw to the wall when the gel is set.
I have a job to do for which these should be ideal (currently temporarily taped as I need to add another extension).
On 14/11/2018 11:38, Andrew Mawson wrote:

How big is the socket? (got a photo?)
Outside power boxes are sure to be large enough (but probably too large), e.g:
https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/SMWPM02.html
The wires etc lay in place and the lid seals them with a compressible rubber seal.
Alternatively would one of the underground cable joint enclosures be big enough?:
https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/WKSH525W.html
--
Cheers,

John.
"John Rumm" wrote in message

Yes a bit chunky, but a good idea, thank you. I think that the gel filled box approach is the way to go.
I'm tempted to 3D print something custom sized in Pet-G, and Gel fill it as it's apparently available in a 300 mL cartridge.
Andrew
I'm coming in late to the party but I mount my cctv cameras on the lid of a weatherproof electrical box, pass the stub cable through a hole in the lid with silicon sealant. The box is attached to the wall, cat5 cable brought in through a snug hole and terminated into appropriate connectors. Make con nections and fit lid to box. Job done. My units fit to 100 x 100 x 85 boxes at about £4 each from eBay but ot her sizes are available.
"Cynic" wrote in message

Mine are already installed and clamped to the side of cast iron lamp posts, so good as your solution is, not one I can use.
Andrew
On 14/11/2018 11:38, Andrew Mawson wrote:

Toolstation have some relatively cheap stuff claimed as weatherproof rather than waterproof, e.g.
https://www.toolstation.com/shop/p16638
and you could add your own gel
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ELECTRICAL-INSULATING-SEALING-MAGIC-GEL-PASTE-IP67-0-3Kg-Tub/182760113429?hash=item2a8d5a0515:g:r94AAOSwJb5Zt5aw:rk:1:pf:0