Subject Author Posted Replies

Ideal Combi boiler 'Logic 24' shows F1 fault (though pressure seems correct)
My Ideal Combi boiler ('Logic 24') keeps going to F1 fault, even though the CH system pressure seems correct (1.5 bar when cold and about 2bar when hot). I turned off the power and then reset the...
9
9

Debit Card expiry
I have just received a replacement Debit Card, for one which is due to expire. The new card seems to have a different long number and has several monthly DD against it. Does the new number mean I will...
56
56

Wireless light switches
Living in an old house with a scarcity of light switches I am tempted by these. The trouble is, I've already got quite complicated ideas, but no idea how to put them into practice. One example is the...
4
4

Scales
Looking for some new scales to weigh to at least 5mg accuracy, preferably half that. Ebay lists plenty of cheap Chinese 10mg resolution 200g scales, but IME they're only good to 100mg. Ebay provides...
27
27

Of interest to the petrol heads here.
New ICE digital valve control system. British company Camcon Automotive has built a fully digital engine valve system, uncoupled from the crank, that offers unprecedented control over the combustion...
2
2

Identifying my karcher window vac model
There is no identification on the device itself. It is a little unusual as it has a width adjustment, which I have not been able to identify on the net.

OT Irish Border
When you look at the freight ferry routes, it looks like most Irish stuff goes to Northern Ireland and thence to the UK, Belfast/Liverpool. The ports with direct freight link to the continent seem...
201
201

1969 tomorrow's world
... metallised domestic insulation speech recognition of a crude sort & moon rock.

Maximum Fines - Dumping?
Harrow council have been putting up signs discouraging anti-social dumping of rubbish at various grot spots through out the borough. In some locations they have now been fitting slightly hi-tech CCTV...
34
34

New Immersion cylinder - OK to leave second coil disconnected?
Today I've bought a new immersion cylinder with 2 coils. Hope to connect it to the existing rayburn and water tank tomorrow. The second coil is for fitting to a solar vacuum water heater in the...
3
3

Android Tablet
I used to use Groundhog as my newsgroup reader on my old Asus tablet. I recently upgraded to a Samsung tablet and now I can't find a way to post. I'm having to use Google groups to post this. Any help...
4
4

12v Tyre inflator/compressor recommendations
My £8.99 unit purchased from Halfords several years ago has died. It looks remarkably like my next door neighbour coincidentally had a very similar unit which he lent to me which I think was RAC...
26
26

Re: How clean catalyst in gas soldering iron?
the catalyst doesn't add anything. NT
1
1

Careful, it's heavy!
What's the world coming to? I just bought 2 bags of seed for my parrots. Each one is 12.75kg. I picked both up at once and carried them easily, yet each ONE says on the back, "it is recommended two...
121
121

Lost car keys
Can't get a replacement due to an unresolved issue with the V5. And no, they don't fit Adam's van. Is there such a thing as a key finding device that can help track them down - obviously it's not...
14
14