OT - Amazon tracking telling porkies?

I ordered a small item which apparently has to come from Germany.
Tracking information (departed) goes:
Schkueditz Castle Donnington Castle Donnington Schkueditz Bardon Hill Bardon Hill Milton Keynes Norwich
Tentative conclusion is that they put it on the wrong plane and it got sent back then out again.
Just for the hell of it I looked at the distances.
Bardon Hill to MK - 60.6 miles nearly all M1.
Castle Donnington to MK 72.6 miles, nearly all M1, going straight past Bardon Hill.
This does at first glance seem to be logistics gone mad. Assuming that the tracking information is accurate, of course.
The other issue is that I can't seem to locate an airfield near Bardon Hill. I can find <https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/business/amazon-poised-open- massive-distribution-183832> which is a 2015 report about the new Amazon distribution centre near Bardon Hill.
So perhaps the package comes into Castle Donnington (where there is an airfield) then down the road about 10 miles to the Bardon Hill distribution centre, and then out again to MK then Norwich.
In which case the tracking system is telling porkies.
Cheers
Dave R

David wrote:

do the above have timestamps? I'd suspect mis-sequenced departure/arrival tracking, rather than it flying back and forth.

Bardon Hill is home to at least three GBFO amazon warehouses, they seem to gather orders together there, plus it's pretty close to EMA.
On Thu, 10 Oct 2019 12:21:52 +0100, Andy Burns wrote:

They are ordered by time stamp.
If you assume that the German times are an hour out, that might help? Just checked and Germany is an hour ahead of us at the moment.
11:55 am Germany (10:55 UK)
12:37 pm UK (CD)
12:40 pm UK (CD)
12:56 PM Germany (11:56 UK)
then some original times disappear from the current tracking information, and the next is at Bardon Hill at 8:03 PM then 8:18 PM before arriving at MK just after midnight.
So I think that they are probably all ordered by local time then sorted by that which makes the tracking seem weird.
Cheers
Dave R

It's here: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.6972003,-1.3524641,865m/data =!3m1!1e3, close to East Midlands and not that far from Birmingham. I had two parcels, to Leicester, on Monday that were routed: Longenhangen, Germany Castle Donington Bardon Nottingham Bardon Nottingham
They were due on Sunday but I asked for them to be delayed until Monday because I was away. Deliveries here are always done from Nottingham.
Peter Johnson wrote:

Yep, I often notice items going from Bardon warehouse, up the M1 to Nottingham, then out for delivery back down the M1 to Leicester