Roses.whats mine telling me?

We've 10 different types of roses in out backyard. Same soil, amenities, water etc but this year one of them has many of its leaves turning yelloe to white. At most half are dark green the remainder are lighter etc. All the other roses are as hearty as could be and blooming like mad. Any idea what its telling me it needs, or has too much of?

Reply to
Grandpa

its leaves turning yelloe to white.

It could be iron chlorosis, which is common in roses. It results from the plant's inability to absorb iron (more prevelant in alkaline soil). This particular rose may be more susceptible than your other roses. Chelated iron can be applied as a foliar spray for quick results or added to the soil for a longer lasting effective. sed5555

Reply to
Sed5555

The other possibility might be a virus. Roses can get a mosaic virus that causes the leaves to change color. Often it doesn't kill the plant, but will weaken it over time.

"Leaf Symptoms

Reply to
gregpresley

Reply to