Pepper problem

Hi. Thanks in advance for your ideas. When I bought my pepper plants at the nursury the leaves where dark green. As soon as I got them in the ground the leaves curled and all turned a lighter green. I don't think it is a water problem or they would be droopy or wilted looking. The same happened last year and the produce was low and very small. Am I missing a nuetirnt I can add and save this years crop? .... The soil has grown other veggies well and ther is plently of water and well drained. Thanks

Reply to
Him

What is the soil temp, or your daily highs and lows. Any idea about soil pH, or have you grown potatoes or blueberries there? Have you ever with wilt or leaf curl? Did you prep the soil before planting and did you give the plants fish emulsion after transplanting them? Do you let the surface of the soil get a dry look before you water?

It seems as it it came on too quickly for it to be a nutrient problem (how long have they been in the ground?) unless they got OD with a chemical fertilizer (you wouldn't, would you?). That said, peppers do need lots of NPK, just not chemical salts of NPK.

I'm initiating a dialogue here. Feel free to respond;o)

Reply to
Billy

Do you add any fertilizer when you set the plants out? I usually put a bit of Osmocote in the bottom of the hole when I set plants out. Or spread some beside them in a few days. Better yet, take a soil sample to you local extension office and see what is missing. The extension agent may have ideas too.

The Cook