Subject Author Posted Replies

How to remove coach bolts
I'm trying to dismantle one of those outdoor swings - like a wooden sofa suspended on chains from a wooden framework with A shaped supports at either end. The bits of timber are attached with what I...
26
26

Project Binky, Episode 23
Is now out.
2
2

What do YOU pay for broadband?
Here. IDNET, fixed IP address. ADSL2+. 6596kbps DOWN 1059kbps UP Line rental + broadband is £28 + 20% VAT. £30.80 PAYG phone calls extra on that - usually a couple of quid a month... Mobile - PAYG...
68
68

Puzzle of plastic
When I was a young man, a long time ago, bottles were glass and bags were paper. Why cant the supermarkets revert to those? Bottles were returned and paper used to light our fires. Then we moved to...
70
70

Corroded Alloy Engine (appearance)
Wife's Toyota Aygo gets little use and I opened up the engine bay to see that the alloy block was looking quite corroded - I know it is only cosmetic, but it looks neglected. It is typical sort of...
8
8

Re: Vax Vacuum Cleaner - problem
Hi I have a vax I went change the lead but the old wire has earth new one dozen.what should I do does it it ok to still change the wire with just Brown blue not a green and yellow wire in can some one...
6
6

Painting tanalised fence. Pros & cons?
We have a new fence between ourselves and our neighbours. I was going to paint it like the previous one was but I'm wondering if I'm just making unnecessary work for myself. Thoughts? Tim
11
11

I done some diy...
Yeah, I know, it's a bit off-topic for this Brexit group but what the heck... I was thinking about building a new log store after my last abortion made out of old pallets rotted away. A friend gave me...
15
15

Today at school we built an aeroplane
Kit of parts from Slovakia for £62,000 and just under a year to build beats the plantpot stand I took home from woodwork at the end of term Owain Kinross High School Build-a-Plane – Aero Space...
8
8

Fluorescent lighting
Is there a wiki on how to install fluorescent lighting
67
67

Anyone tried using a cheap FPGA like this?
EP2C5T144 FPGA chip. FPGA: Stratix, StratixII, StratixIII, StratixIV, Cyclone, CycloneII, CycloneIII, CycloneIV, ACES1K, APEX20k, FLEX10K. ALTERA USB ByteBlaster. Compatible with altera usb blaster....
6
6

Galvanised Roof
Generally in good condition apart from a corner beneath an apple tree where the acid in the fruit has got to the zinc. Would like to prevent further deterioration? paint? What kind of paint?
7
7

Installing plastic doors and windows.
When installing plastic door frames and windows frames would you put a concrete screw going up into the lintel?
24
24

Wren kitchens
Anyone dealt with Wren? They've a kitchen I quite like and their online price estimator comes up with a price that's more than I wanted to spend (standard procedure) but not shocking. I'm starting to...
16
16

Changing broadband suppliers OT
Vodafone/Demon broadband is finally coming to an end. Not a huge choice at my exchange and complicated by an upcoming house move requiring a line swap. (long ladder and I could do it myself:-) BT...
43
43