security cameras

I wish to run a Neos security camera from a 12v supply. The following is from the spec sheet Power Adapter: Input 110-240V (AC/DC) Output 5V/1000mA
What power 12v to 240v dc inverter would i require ?
Is it likely to be as fussy as a computer would be (pure sine wave )?
On 16/01/2020 06:46, fred wrote:

If, as the wording implies, you have a mains adapter then ditch this and look for a 12-to-5V DC-DC converter. The "bargain basin" approach might be to re-purpose a car USB adapter.
On 16/01/2020 07:45, snipped-for-privacy@aolbin.com wrote:

<minor rant>There seems to be a lot of echo here. WTF do people bother writing replies that are identical to an earlier reply? All it does is add clutter.</minor rant>
On 16/01/2020 09:15, snipped-for-privacy@aolbin.com wrote:

Because Gareth, you've been killfiled?
--
Adrian C

On 16/01/2020 10:11, Adrian Caspersz wrote:

I have no idea why you've said that ... ?

very easy: they see the query and reply, later they continue reading the thread and find some has given a similar answer. Usually happen with people wo don't read tehnewsgroup very oftern
--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Can you not just supply the 5v from the 12v via a regulator? Brian
On Thursday, 16 January 2020 07:46:37 UTC, Brian Gaff (Sofa 2) wrote:
wouldn;t be very effcient though , which could be important if yuor 12V is coming from a battery.

On 16/01/2020 13:27, whisky-dave wrote:

Use a buck regulator which will be 85% + efficient. Plenty of cheap ones on amazon pack of 8 for a tenner:-
(Amazon.com product link shortened)

On Thursday, 16 January 2020 13:33:15 UTC, Andy Bennet wrote:

yes that is cheap, we ran a lab where studetns had to build a buck converter last year.

As far as I know those can and do generate RFI if they are el ccheapo. I was not aware it was from a battery though.
Brian
--
----- --
fred wrote:

Why not run them on a 12V to 5V power supply?
e.g. a car USB socket
<https://www.12voltplanet.co.uk/12v-24v-surface-mounted-twin-usb-power-socket-5v-21a.html
On 16/01/2020 06:46, fred wrote:

5W
Factor in a little bit extra for efficiencies and losses and the fact you probably don't to run it balls out 24/7 for reliability.
On 16/01/2020 06:46, fred wrote:

What is the input voltage of the camera. 12v or 5v.
There are plenty of either 12v or 5v power supplies which can be used.

Avoid that problem entirely and get a 12 Volt DC --> 5V/1000mA converter.
USB charger wot plugs into the cigarette lighter should do it...
Thomas Prufer
On 16/01/2020 06:46, fred wrote:

Is this a 12V DC supply. If so there are lots of modules designed for car use that input a nominal 12V DC and output 5V DC. Look on Ebay for "12V to USB" module
--
mailto : news admac myzen co uk