Re Printer cartridge update

I put in a new compatible cartridge and that has resolved the problem. I also because I had £50 of amazon vouchers bought a cheap B&W laser printer so now have a back up. :-)

................Printer is a Samsung ML-2240, quite old. I have for the past 5 years bought compatible cartridges and refilled when required. Only changed carts when the printing got iffy. From memory I have never had one stop printing until today. It was getting low on toner so topped it up reinserted cart and it wouldnt print. I can press the button on it and it will print out the printer specs so the printer itself appears ok. So, is it likely to be the page count (cartridge chip) that is preventing it working? And if I get another cartridge is that likely to cure it by having a new chip in the cartridge. .................

Reply to
ss

I'd have thought that if its just the driver, somebody will have hacked it. Seems a trifle churlish to allow it to be tested but not to print. I do know though that my hp if I wanted to refill it has an hours counter as it has the drum as part of the cart and they suggest it does in fact wear out. Not sure it would unless you have a very hard environment though or all your paper is filthy! Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa 2)