Subject Author Posted Replies

Kitchen Worksurface.
My kitchen work surface is developing nasty yellow stains in places. Some are getting quite big and seem to be spreading at will! The stains wont come off. I have tried bleach, multi surface cleaner,...
3
3

How to treat a brick floor?
Hi, We have a C17th house, one of the downstairs rooms (24'x15') has a brick floor which at some point has had a very thin layer of screen? (is that right it looks like cement) on it. I'd like to take...
4
4

Qu: Shower Pumps
My plumber plans to put in a separate dual-impeller pump for each of my three showers. A colleague has suggested that since this is a new installation it would be better to have 2 better single...
6
6

Security advice - pet immune PIRs?
After getting burglars this morning I think it is time to review our security system. Fortunately, they didnt get away with anything as the alarm went off after they opened the front door (presumably...
10
10

Re: Saw benches
I asked my boyfriend about this and he said that the difference was the way the motor is made. With indication motors the smoke that the motor uses to run is all in one circit but in the other motors...
4
4

Re: Central Heating not starting
Mines is white. :-)) BigWallop
7
7

Re: Kitchen cupboard door fittings
A metal "strap" across the back of both items.
14
14

Plasterboard thickness for ceilings
I have plasterboarded my ceiling with the 4 or 5 mm stuff. It is screwed onto battons I had attached to the existing ceiling. It is fine in most places, however at its worst parts you can push it in...
14
14

Re: Ariston euro combi problem
First, check the water level or pressure gauge as it could just be getting low in water. Have you bled air from the whole system recently ? Remember the air vent at the top of the boiler.

Fixing a gate to a concrete post
Hello, I'm thinking of building a closeboard fence to divide the front garden from the side garden and I need to put a gate somewhere along the run. I was planning on using Slotted conrete posts,...
3
3

Re: Fixing to plasterboard ceiling
That's where these babies come in Jonathan: http://snipped-for-privacy@familyhall.org.uk http://snipped-for-privacy@ID-198169.news.dfncis.de... http://www.tool-up.co.uk/exec/toolup/RAW94365.html...
1
1

Restoring a wooden trunk
I been given a wooden trunk - the type that you might take to boarding school. (Ithink this one has been further afield though - it has Bombay amongst other places stencilled on it - anyway I...
3
3

Painting floorboards a colour
I'm thinking of painting the floorboards in a room in my house - perhaps white or perhaps blue or another colour. Has anyone here done this? Any tips? Type of paint to use? Thanks, Mike F
2
2

Central Heating Component ID?
Hi, Right all you knowledgeable persons. I moved house and am trying to get to know the various bits & pieces. What is the arrowed component in the following picture 's it for? How does it work?...
6
6

Mid Position Valve
The mid position valve which controls the flow of hot water to the tank and the central heating needs replacing. I've changed a couple of control heads but they break after a few months. When I tried...
2
2