Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: Solar space heating idea
news:... Ah Ha !! Very Interesting Nick. The only thing with this is, will it work in a British winter ? This system would be great for hot air heating during the winter months, but do we...
43
43

Kitchen wall cladding - where in the UK ?
Hello - can anyone recommend where to get tongue & groove wall cladding from in the UK, preferably York please ? We want untreated 'cos we're going to paint it, then varnish it. Thanks in advance Pete
6
6

Re: 2 CH pumps instead of motorised valves?
On 3 Jul 2003 13:55:18 -0700, (Stanley Spanner) wrote: It was the way you had it drawn with the pumps on the return side, IIRC. The flow came from the boiler and split to the CH and DHW. The returns...

Re: Heating & hot water crisis - advice sought
On 3 Jul 2003 12:02:28 GMT, (Andrew Gabriel) wrote: Yep, sounds very similar to what happened to mine! Yes, I think you're probably right. Good point. I didn't consider putting a new gaspipe in to...
4
4

Re: Tricky Heck!
I got an SDS recently too. One of the first jobs I did with it was sink an electrical socket in the inner leaf of a cavity wall. Using my old hammer drill, I would first pepper the area with holes and...
30
30

Re: Safety Issue - Am I being too picky
John, If you hadn't had an engineers vice would you have used it as is or did you think is was unsafe? Roy
2
2

Raising the roof
I plan to increase the height of my garage by about 6' to build an extra storey, I'll be re-using the existing roof as it is, instead of dismantling the whole thing and then rebuilding I thought I...
10
10

Re: Circular Saw question
Agree with roger on the above. Also if you have a router, cut oversize and rount to final size for a really clean edge on worktop. Bob

Re: blown breezeblock
OH! Was thinking Tommy Cooper! ;O) Take Care, Gnube Zen is a Which? & PC Pro multi-awarding winning internet service provider. Experience the Zen difference for broadband, domains, hosting and cloud...
6
6

Re: Gas Torch for plumbing
What's the benefit of Mapp gas. I know that propane is hotter than the propane/butane mixes. I see you can get it for some of the Bernz-O-Matic torches as well. The Bernz is my choice - £20 B&Q with...
5
5

Hoover "Softwave" Washing Machine Heating Element
I am trying to figure out how to replace the element in Hoover washing machine and seem at a loss to figure out how it is done apart from putting a tin opener up one side of the washer. any...
1
1

Re: Inches or Metric?
One of the filling stations I use has a litre/gallon conversion chart attached to the canopy uprights so you can easily work out the real cost of the fuel. It starts at a pretty reasonable 30p/litre...
41
41

Volex RCBO / MK Sentry CU
Will an MK Sentry insulated consumer unit take Volex RCBOs/MCBs? Everything is/will be brand new, just shopping around the get the combination I need. (i.e. RCBOs below 30 quid and a 16 way CU)....
1
1

Best way to source replacement damaged tiles?
I have some damaged tiles that I would like to replace. I have some spares but not enough. What is the best way to go about finding if I can still obtain some more. They must be about 20yrs old. Is...
3
3

Flue siting regulations.
Just had a visit from a plumber to quote for new boiler. He ruled out the location where I was planning to put it, under a single story pitched roof with vent through the roof. He said that the latest...
4
4