Volex RCBO / MK Sentry CU

Will an MK Sentry insulated consumer unit take Volex RCBOs/MCBs? Everything is/will be brand new, just shopping around the get the combination I need. (i.e. RCBOs below 30 quid and a 16 way CU). AFAIK, they're both standard DIN rail, but I've heard people have trouble with certain combinations due to cut out sizes etc.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Distance between rail and front, and busbar arrangements could be factors too. I don't know the Volex range so I can't comment further. I think all that's standard about the rail is the rail itself (and actually there are several standards for that;-).

Interestingly, in the US, mixing different manufacturer's parts in a CU (or Panel, as they call it) voids the UL listings of the parts unless they were tested together, and thus isn't normally permitted.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel