Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: Berry Magicoal Berryblaze gas fire
Thanks for the info....it's an old gas fire I've to service and it may well be spilling (could be the flue) so it would be nice to know a bit about the fire first
4
4

Is it possible to use the roadside fire hydrants??
Hi, As you may have seen from a recent post we have dug out a rather large pond and need to fill it before the clay dries out... We have a Yellow fire hydrant positioned out the front of our house, my...
23
23

Limiting DHW output of a glow worm Swiftflow 125E
Hi all, I have a Swiftflow 125e glow worm boiler which Supplies bucketfuls of steaming hot water in the winter but during the summer it can be too hot. There is a potentiometer on the control board...
2
2

Pinched.........
........ from another NG! Q: How many newsgroup subscribers does it take to change a light bulb? A: 1,192 1 to change the light bulb and to post to NG that the light bulb has been changed. 14 to share...
7
7

Re: Grade II Listed Building
Yes, permission will be withheld to the point of being unreasonable. Yes and you'll never get it. If you like living your life with some small-minded nobody from the local council who failed all his...
7
7

Re: Any DIY Loudspeaker Enclosure makers in this NG?
I was ever so tempted once to install a 6x3 inch Hong Kong paper cone special into a limp hardboard enclosure, cover it with rexine and sell it as a "studio monitor" because the place where my kid...
5
5

Central Heating Pump
Around my central heating pump there appears to be what looks like a by-pass loop (with 15mm pipework) containing a gate valve. What's the purpose of this loop and what should be the setting of the...
3
3

Eliteforce Permaclean Ceramic System
I have been using the above 2 part tile system and it leaves a good non stick finish in the shower that the soap runs off. I was getting it from Focus but now it is not stocked and I cannot trace a...
1
1

Re: Boiler thermostat
Hi. Thanks for the advice. Is there a manual / guide available as when I know what they look like & where to find them then replacing will be less of a problem!...

painting sealant?
I've noticed recently that the sealant around some exterior windows has been painted in the past. The paint, only on the sealant, is mostly cracked and crazed but I'm sure it says on some sealants...
3
3

Replace Dyson Plug
The flex near the plug has failed on the wifes (!!) dyson resulting in an intermittant connection (and a small spark) Normally, I would just cut the plug off and fit a new one, but SWMBO insists on...
2
2

Re: Albion Mainsflow Thermal Store
Important! Make sure you have enough Fernox in the system. Does it supply two showers? How does it perform? Are the shower temperatures both controllable? What size is the cold water mains pipe?
1
1

How high can a garden wall between two houses be?
Actually, it's not exactly a garden wall. I live in a terraced house. On the front of each house is a parking space (on the property, behind the pavement) The wall I want to build is between my...
9
9

Utility room
Hi all, I am thinking about building a partition in my garage, which is linked to the house. The idea is to build a partition of about 3x2 meters, so we can install the washing machine and a cupboard....
1
1

anyone know how to diagnose a faulty Choke / Ballast in fluorescent light circuit
Hi all I'm hoping somebody knows more about this than I do. We have a standard fluorescent light that has stopped working. I have replaced the tube and starter with known working ones and still light...
14
14