Subject Author Posted Replies

What gas fitting
Hi, We have just purchased a new built in double oven electric cooker, which also came with a free gas hob. I have installed the cooker without any problems. I have been compating the existing hob to...
1
1

Scaffold tubes
I am pretty sure I remember scaffold tubes come with a colour code for Aluminium and steel poles, can anyone tell me what they are and describe them for me?
7
7

Re: Bosch diswasher keeps pumping out
I have finally fixed the problem (having to do the washing up again today was a great motivator!). It was the timer! A (solid core) wire is spot welded to a spade connector on the timer, this wire is...

Swimming Pool with Insulation.
Hi I intend to build a swimming pool. 30 feet x 10 feet. Partially above ground (2ft) and 3 to 4 ft below I intend to use a liner. I am going to use Solar Power to partially offset heating costs. Also...
8
8

Re: Hot Air Gun - recommendation?
Hot air guns are like any other tool - they can be dangerous! I've got an older Black and Decker version, and you most certainly wouldn't want to try drying your hair with it - it gets mighty hot! You...
11
11

Churchill reclining chair - a bit OT
I recently acquired a used Churchill brand reclining/massage chair (for my dotage!) in good working order, but with no documentation. Yesterday while it still reclines etc., all of the other functions...
2
2

Walking washing machine
Hi I've just finished laying laminating flooring in my kitchen. How do I stop my washine machine escaping from the kitchen? I've already tried a piece of underlay but that's no good. Jackie
6
6

Electric Shower problem
Hi, I have a problem with my shower... I switch on the double pole switch and the red light comes on (which tells me that there is power), but when you switch on the shower the red light on the double...
1
1

Value of school workbench?
Hi folks, We've got a 'proper' workbench in the garage that we rescued from an old school, and I'm wondering if someone here might be able to put a sale value on it? The garage is too far away for...
11
11

Creating an Arch in a door frame
I am in the process of erecting a new internal door frame in an existing wall and would like to create an arch effect but I am stuck as to how I might attempt this. if anyone has ideas could you...
1
1

consructing a Door Arch
I am in the process of erecting a new internal door frame in an existing wall and would like to create an arch effect but I am stuck as to how I might attempt this. if anyone has ideas could you...
3
3

Bodge central or is it just my house? ;-)
Who's idea was this house refurb malarky ? I've no intention of ever moving house ever again when and if I get this one finished I shudder to think of the new bodges I would find elsewhere. Trying to...
10
10

what smells under my tree?
I decided against risking the chainsaw I mentioned a week or so ago and have been hacking away at the roots of this big tree. Today I finally managed to topple it (surprisingly easy - no roots going...
7
7

Re: Lockshield valve leak
Close off the rad' valves. Open the stop cap at the top of the rad' above the bit that's leaking. Get a raw egg. Crack it into a saucer. Take a good teaspoon full of the thick part of the white (the...
1
1

Cyclone Upright Vacuum Cleaners - Buying Advice
I Have an old Hoover Aquajet and am getting tired of continually replacing the "wafer thin" bags which are now sold as spares, and I will be looking for a basic "cyclone" upright in the near future. I...
12
12