Subject Author Posted Replies

Flavel Caress HE gas fire?
Installed only 4 years ago and only had little use and now will not strike up. You can hold the lever down to bring up the pilot light, but on releasing the lever, instead of the fire bursting into...
41
41

Pancake Generator Wind Turbine?
Saw some wind turbines that had very short but quite large diameter generator housings. What is the difference?
8
8

Headset to PC converter?
We are looking for a straight cable converter that would take a 3.5mm 4 pole jack that would typically connect a headset into a Playstation or X-Box but split it out into a 3.5mm 'stereo' jack...
25
25

DPD vs UPS
They send via RM if it's small and if you don't request next day delivery. To guarantee UPS, include a lithium coin cell in the order...
9
9

Dangers of 5G????
Can 5G radiation actually make you sick, harm your health, or even kill you? Is 5G dangerous? Is 5G safe? Some interesting reports have emerged - we're here to deep dive 5G connections and...
15
15

DIY web portfolio
I'm not very good at web editing but I'd like to construct an online portfolio for my daughter to show her work. I thought of going to a web editing forum for advice but I would be more likely to be...
16
16

Anyine taken a garage to court?
I took my car in to have two centre prop shaft bearings replaced and they have damaged the front coupling to the transfer box - it now has play in it. I wrote a letter by recorded delivery explaining...
70
70

Ladder: use at near vertical
I've got a tight passage at the side of the house where a ladder cannot lean at an adequate angle for normal use. I'm thinking about fitting some kind of clamp or bracket on the side of the house to...
37
37

Re: Drayton Digistat SCR receiver problems (2023 Update)
""that has worked even with my old wr1 and a boiler. I have switched of the fuse of the boiler off for 5 minutes. Then turn it on and run quickly to press the top 2 buttons for 15 seconds. My heating...

NICEIC
Just driving home from work today and some woman on radio Sheffield said that she worked for NICEIC. When the presentor asked her what NICEIC stood for she said "my boss will kill me I have no idea".
6
6

Lubricating oven rails
Hi All I have an oven which has telescopic rails which allows certain shelves to slide out on arms. They are now getting a bit sticky and one of them struggles to go all the way in. Was wondering what...
34
34

Resistor value
This is the resistor from my macbook power supply. It *look* to me to be black, orange, white (or grey), silver, brown. thought it would be easy to calculate the value but I think it falls into a...
41
41

Macbook pro PS gone phut.
My wife?s MacBook Pro power supply went phut yesterday. If had a look inside and a reasonably sized resistor has burnt out (about 4mm in diameter). Is there any point in just replacing the resistor or...
6
6

Hospitals
Delighted to say wife came home yesterday, after her fall last Sunday, and Operation Monday. While she was there, I went in daily. A large multi story for visitors and substantial ground level outside...
209
209

Towerstat STTR/F Receiver flicking lights, heating not coming on
We have a Towerstat STTR/F thermostat ( ), heating's been switched off for the summer, just switched the boiler back off summer mode and re-paired the transmitter and receiver. Now when the...
4
4