Worchester 24i trouble

The boiler at the van here has started acting up today.....sometimes when you turn the hot water off the flame stays on and you can hear it boiling the now static water with all sorts of boiling and gurgling and rattling noises......must be the flow sensor not turning the boiler flame off.....The problem is intermittant but a pain to listen to and I am sure it is not doing the boiler any good....any ideas? .....before I get a man in

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

not to mention steam coming out the tap

Reply to
Jim GM4 DHJ ...

Did you get a full structural survey on this new trailer ?.

Reply to
Andrew

Given you don't seem able to lookup up its flow switch assembly you will definitely need to get someone in to replace this or diagnose the problem.

Fredxx

I can't identify it, though there are some blurred things in the background of

Trace the hot water outlet pipe back, through the heat exchanger to where the mains water comes in. It must be on that. Or give iin and download the manual?

Reply to
Roger Hayter

just been back down because the gas safe man couldn't come until next week...took the valve off ...dead easy just got a exact replacement for £41 at heat spares Govan... fitting it tomorrow.....wish me luck

Reply to
Jim GM4 DHJ ...

Have you inspected the unit? Does it use a rotating vane to check for water flow?

Or is flow sensed by pressure difference in which case there will be 2 holes either side. One could be blocked.

Reply to
Fredxx

they seem to have a bit of plastic inside which is hinged and I assume makes a contact to turn on the flame when the water is flowing and breaks when the flow stops.....there are four screws on the unit so I will take the old one apart tomorrow ...

Reply to
Jim GM4 DHJ ...

If it now moves freely then refit it and it may well work trouble free for a few more years.

Why can't you test the contacts with a multimeter? You do have one?

Reply to
Fredxx

that is it fixed....video to follow of the great jubilation in the van here now we have hot water again and not just steam coming out of the taps........tee hee

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

?v=B7ru0QlU1gg

Reply to