Vaillant TurboMax VUW 242E

Can anyone help!!! My Vaillant 242E stopped last week - blowing fuses when switched on. I tracked this down to the fan. The fan has been replaced but when the boiler is switched on the flame indicator comes on immediatley. When heating or hot water is demanded the hot water / heating indicator(s) come on as does the fan indicator. It makes all the right noises but no ignition and no heat! any ideas would be appreciated
On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 05:51:12 -0500, dead boiler wrote:

I can't find my Turbomax manuals ATM. I have a suspicion that this light _may_ indicate low primary water pressure - it needs topping up!
Thanks for the reply - the pressure is at 1.5 on the guage?
On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 12:22:19 -0500, dead boiler wrote:

OK I've found the manual now. (You need to get Vaillant to send you one).
There is no explanation of what 'flame on' on its own means. However the manual says that a blinking flame-on light means a bad/shorted/open NTC (temperature sensor).
Which opens up the possibility that the lead to the NTC came off during the repair?
HTH
Have resolved the problem at last. Turned out to be a broken capacitor on the circuit board. Thanks for tthe help