vailant turbomax 242e ignition problem

hi
having a problem with a valliant 242e. to begin with, we had central heating but no hot water. the diaphragm has been changed once a year for the past 5 years so this time we have changed the diverter valve all together.
boiler was recharged and worked perfectly for 24 hours. new problem now is that the boiler will not light. we call for heat, the pump and fan both start running, the ignition sparks for ten seconds but no flame. boiler goes into lock out.
the gas solenoid was first thought to be faulty so we changed it but made no difference. it must surely be a gas problem as the boiler goes through the ignition sequence but never lights. gas has been purged and the system has been fully bled of air.
any help would be greatly appreciated!!
--
lewis crichton

Is there power getting to the solenoid during the ignition sequence? Could be PCB problem.
Tim