Coach parking near South London

Random question..... A friend is going to be driving coaches to and fro Victoria and Amsterdam and will need to park up for 9 hours somewhere near Victoria to have a rest.

Does anyone know where he might be able to park?

Reply to
cpvh

A lot of coaches park on the Victoria Embankment (despite the name, it isn't THAT near, but not far away). Two coach drivers I know do that. No idea about cost and duration though.

Reply to
Bob Eager

you might do better in uk.transport.london.

But they could start with

especially

But if they are employed then why don't they ask their employer what arrangements are in place - if only to get clear issues such as budget.

Reply to
Robin

details of those and other Westminster places are on the council website. Surprisingly cheap last time I looked. But (bar one batch) no overnight parking.

Reply to
Robin

I thought Vic Embankment had been turned into a massive cycle lane, enraging quite a few people ?

Don't forget the new congestion charges for certain types of diesel vehicles.

Reply to
Andrew

How does that work? Does he sleep in the coach, like lorry drivers do, or does he need to find a B&B?

If the latter, it may be cheaper to go further out, and the B&B may have a car park big enough for coaches. Or you can park in the local street.

Reply to
GB

I assumed he would be sleeping in the coach, as he didn?t ask about accommodation.

I suspect his employer (abroad) has asked him to check this out.

Reply to
cpvh

The 9 hours could be during the day. Roll up at 10, leave at 7. Passengers on day trip.

Reply to
Bob Eager

In London now one has to be so careful about the coach's visibility and emissions, as both can land you with a big bill from TFL who have anpr cameras going up as we speak to be able to keep unsafe or dirty vehicles clear of wider and wider parts of the capital. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa)

Thanks for all the replies.

I think there is some budget, but he didn?t like the sound of ? ?100 per night near the Blackwall Tunnel.

I found a hotel near Gatwick which might be cheap enough If they don?t charge for coach parking, but I think he has to drop his passengers in central London, and then he?s not got enough hour s to get to somewhere like Gatwick.

Reply to
cpvh

I suggest he desperately needs to consult drivers who are doing this currently. While traffic volumes in London are nowhere near pre-pandemic levels, some coach parking has gone to make more space for cyclists & pedestrians. He risks being v late to pick up his passengers and/or exceeding his permitted driving times - in short, losing his job

- if he gets it wrong.

I also suggest he asks whoever planned his timetable when & where they expected him to park.

Reply to
Robin