Subject Author Posted Replies

Laminate Flooring
Hi All, I'm a little confused by the Floormaster 1600 laminates available from B&Q my understanding was they are LOC systems and require no glue, however I have just checked the Floormaster website...
5
5

which way round to use ratchet crimping tool?
Hello, I have now purchased this ratchet crimping tool: am using it with these crimps: I wanted to know is: where do I use the tool on the crimps? I had originally assumed that the two sides of the...
10
10

Where to buy IEE 16th Ed Regs and OS Guide?
Can anyone recommend a good/cheap place to buy a copy of the 16th Edition Wiring Regs and the On Site Guide? Or if anyone has one they might sell to me? Thanks Rob
18
18

Low water pressure in shower
Hello All. I have just moved into a new house and I have the above problem. All the other taps, appliances seem to be OK. I have moved from around the corner and there is not a hard water problem. Any...
5
5

Potterton Profile: thanks
Thanks Tony, Geoff, Ed for the info/advice. The thread diverged too much to find the right place to post! Steve

acrylic bath damaged
Scratched 1-2mm deep 75mm long; too deep to polish out. Has anyone attempted a repair using the 2 pack kits I have seen advertised? Were the results good? This bath is brand new and we haven't even...
12
12

Frost thermostat - boiler running all night - why?
I have moved to a house with a gas fired central heating system with the boiler in the garage. There is also a frost thermostat in the garage. Presumably the purpose is to prevent the boiler or pipes...
8
8

Speedfit and shower pumps
I'm in the process of upgrading the downstairs bathroom and have bought a Salamander 2.25 bar pump which will also boost the hot supply to the kitchen which has had poor pressure since installing a...
8
8

Electromagnetic field and medium voltage power line.
I hope that this question is appropriate for this group. I was advised by a colleague that many of the group regular members were well-informed. I have site that has a medium voltage powerline...
20
20

insulating under wooden floors
Someone has suggested to us that we could insulate the floors of our Victorian house by lifting the floorboards, putting in battens and boards and laying rockwool over the top before relaying the...
75
75

New CU / ring main calcs (Long)
Hi, I tried to get an isolation switch fitted between the meter and consumer unit to enable me to be able to fit a new consumer unit at my convenience. I was told by my leccy company that this could...
7
7

DPM under floor?
If I put insulation under floorboards, would I need a DPM to protect the battens? What we have atm is a bare concrete floor, so I'm planning to screw battens into it, put insulation between them then...
2
2

Strange sized waste pipe.
Hi, I've got a nice new chrome basin trap that comes with about a foot of 34mm waste pipe (chrome plated copper by the looks). I need to do a 90 degree bend from this into standard plastic waste pipe...
3
3

Oven glass - how to attach?
The glass on the inner door of my Neff oven has become loose. I thought there would be a replacement gasket with adhesive on either side, but Neff say it is bonded at the factory, and want £75 for a...
5
5

Re: Kickspace fan convector
Oh yes. I have to drag my wife out of there all the time now. She stands right in front of the vent with a smile on her face. Christian.
14
14