Strange sized waste pipe.

Hi,

I've got a nice new chrome basin trap that comes with about a foot of

34mm waste pipe (chrome plated copper by the looks).

I need to do a 90 degree bend from this into standard plastic waste pipe (32mm I think). Anyone know what might be the best sort of connector for this? Can you get reducing elbows? Can I use a plastic connector onto this copper?

Cheers, Donny

Reply to
DonnySP

Umm. Bad luck. I think both of mine are bodged with odds and ends of plumbing bits. It will be chronmed steel or brass by the way.

Search until you find some thing that fits, almost, and then use car body filler, layers of tape. silicone sealer or whatever to make up the difference :-(

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Some of the plastic waste fittings in the sheds come with a big chevron-section rubber seals that will accommodate a range of pipe sizes. Used to be a problem in the early days of plastic wastes with various proprietary pipes in both metric and imperial.

Reply to
OldScrawn

DonnySP wrote

BTDT :)

There are two different British Standards covering plastic waste pipe. There's the type that uses solvent-welded fittings and the smaller dia type that uses push-fit fittings. The chrome waste pipe out of your trap fits the push fit type, and you'll get a push-fit 32mm waste elbow at any shed. To connect to the other type of pipe you'll need a compression coupling as made by Macalpine.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Taylor