Oven glass - how to attach?

The glass on the inner door of my Neff oven has become loose. I thought there would be a replacement gasket with adhesive on either side, but Neff say it is bonded at the factory, and want £75 for a new inner door.

The rest of the seals on the edges of the door appear to be silicon rubber, is this heatproof?

Can anyone suggest how to attach the glass?

Reply to
Nige

High temperature silicone works very well - screwfix 13185.

Reply to
Grunff

No but I'm constantly irritated that I can't remove the inner glass on my oven door for cleaning. It was so easy on the old cooker ...

Sorry, nothing to do with your query.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Same happened with us when we tried to clean an old cooker which came with a house - glass came out and after searching around, we stuck it back in with expoxy. I think it was slightly special stuff which specifically said on the pack that it could whithstand up to 180 degrees. Whilst I knew it would be exposed to more, I thought it would be the best bet. Whilst it did discolour and go brown, it did the job and didn't fail in the 18 months we remained at that place.

High temp silicone might be better though I've no idea on price.

David

Reply to
David Hearn

High temp silicone is far better suited to this application. It's rated to 300C. A tube costs £4.

Reply to
Grunff

Thanks for that. Other than Screwfix, anyone know the type of retailer that stocks it?

Reply to
Nige