Replacing outer oven glass

The outer glass on our (Arrow) oven door has been smashed and we've had difficulty in finding a replacement. Buying a whole door is the closest option and one this seems a bit excessive in cost. I could probably get a piece cut to size (any suggestions on a company that can do this to order would be appreciated) but we need a white graphic painted/printed onto the glass in order to get it looking right and I'm not sure how to go about this part. The graphic is not complicated, it will just mask the innards of the doors frame and make it look a bit prettier, leaving a window in the middle to view whatever is going on inside of the oven. Can any suggest how this might be achieved or somewhere that may be able to help us with this?

Reply to
Chris_W

Many glaziers shops will cut a suitable piece of glass, but will it withstand the heat?

As for the graphic you might try masking the area NOT to be painted carefully with ordinary masking tape and then spray the inside of the panel with heat resisting paint used for exhausts etc Alternatively many glaziers will etch the glass using an acid which will give a suitable finish inside and then you could spray it

As it is the outer glass, I don't think it has to withstand a large amount of heat. I have tested this with the oven on and the exposed parts don't get too hot to touch. Thanks for the tips on the finish, I will look into this.

Reply to
Chris_W