32mm or 40mm waste pipes?

Silly question, but am about to order the waste pipe to re-plumb my ne

bathroom, and cant for love nor money remember which pipe to use fo sink, showers and bath! 32mm or 40mm? Will be using solvent.

Someone please point me in the right direction.

-- Cordless Crazy

Reply to
Cordless Crazy

40mm for baths, and kitchen sinks, other outlets can use 32mm, though there shouldnt be a problem if you use 40mm for all. Alan.
Reply to
A.Lee

40mm for bath and shower 32mm for basin (sink) are the most usual sizes for bathroom wastes.
Reply to
Heliotrope Smith

I think shower traps usually come in 40mm only, and basin wastes seem to default to 32mm. If it's a pedestal basin, space could be very tight for the trap, so I'd go for 32mm - you could always increase to 40mm somewhere downstream if it's a very long run. I see you can now get WC pan connectors with a branch to accept basin waste pipe - seems vaguely risky to me.

Reply to
Autolycus

32 for the basin, 40 for bath/shower and the main run to the stack for all bathroom waste.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Where from (interested) ??

Reply to
Bob Mannix

Autolycus

Many thanks. (Very small toilet with no access to waste other than toilet connector!)

Reply to
Bob Mannix

The message from "Autolycus" contains these words:

If both sink and bath waste was connected by this route would not an anti-syphon device also be needed?

Reply to
Roger