32mm Waste

I am replacing a cloakroom sink for a friend and the waste pipe the solvent welded type. It measures 36mm OD. I have lots of 32 mm push fit bits and pieces but no adaptor from one to the other. Will a 32 mm compression coupling fit the solvent pipe? I dont want tho have to replace all the pipework as it goes under the floor before exiting the house. I can obviously get a coupler easily but cannot take the pipe with me to check if it will fit. Does anybody know if this is the way or can an adaptor be easily obtained?

Cheers

John

Reply to
John

Yes. I have a chrome trap on my cloakroom basin which matches push-fit type pipe, but the waste pipe was solvent type. I used a McAlpine 32mm "Universal" compression coupling to connect the two different size pipes together. I assumed that's what they mean by Universal - anyway it worked!

Reply to
Peter Taylor

Anything at

do John?