Connecting pushfit waste to solvent weld waste

Hello again,

Out the back of the chrome trap on a new sink I have a chrome waste pipe sized to fit 32mm pushfit waste.

However, the existing waste for the system is solvent weld, which I would really like to leave in place - not really happy having pushfit waste where I can't get to it, space is very tight where it is on display, and there would be a lot of waste pipe to replace!

So, is there any way I can connect a chrome 32mm pushfit pipe to standard

32mm solvent weld pipe?

Thank you in advance!

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Are you sure it's pushfit? Usually these have a nut and rubber compression seal, and will take pushfit or solvent weld pipe.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 23:36:54 +0100, "Alex" strung together this:

Compression fitting.

Reply to
Lurch

On 15 Jun 2004 23:05:13 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@cucumber.demon.co.uk (Andrew Gabriel) strung together this:

I thought he was on about the chrome waste pipe from the trap to wherever, not the trap itself.

Reply to
Lurch

Yup. maybe you could just use a compression coupler between solvent weld pipe and the chromed pipe, or to save space or for neatness it might help that you can get solvent x compression couplers and solvent x pushfit socket couplers (misleadingly labelled expansion couplers in B&Q)

Reply to
John Stumbles

This sounds right. The chrome pipe is the same size as the Pushfit waste pipe system.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Cheers for your help guys, much appreciated - a good flick through BES is in order I think :)

Alex

Reply to
Alex