overflow to 32mm pushfit

Doesn't appear to be unequal-T's or those solvent weld strap things. How do I join 21.5mm overflow to pushfit ie into the side of a 32mm straight pipe, else any other recommended approach.

Thanks, Mike W

Reply to
VisionSet

You shouldnt!

Overflow pipe is a warning device and should be taken to the outside of the buiding or somewhere where it gives a warning. Plumbing it in to a waste pipe direct is not allowed under the Water Regs.

You could put an equal tee into the 32mm and form a 'tundish' i.e. (rather like a funnel, made from larger bore pipe and an adaptor) and discharge the overflow into this with an air gap.

Reason? Supposing waste pipe blocks? Backs up overflow pipe and contaminates water in Cistern. Mains water is turned off by water company to repair a leak. Back siphonage ocurrs and you contaminate mains.

Reply to
Bookworm

In article , VisionSet writes

code 11939 solvent or code 11244 rubber bung (less preferred), I'm not sure if these are to mate with pipe or fitting, if the latter then you'll need to solvent weld a tiny stub of 32 into the T socket. Post from BES would cripple it so prob best to use a local merchant.

This is for your boiler condensate yeah? I took mine along with a bit of a fall then dropped 6" vertically into the larger pipe (50mm in my case) to reduce the risk of mishap in case of blockages. Some real show-offs here have incorporated a length clear pipe into the run to watch the condensate drip through but I'd rather watch the telly :-). I've left one non-solvent joint at the beginning of the run in case I need to check the flow.

Reply to
fred

With extreme difficulty.

I had to connect a chrome trap to some 32mm solvenrt weld. It involved a series of connectors - some pushfit and some weld and a bit of pushfit pipe all glued together and siliconed. What worked on one type of fitting didn't on another, and various 'brands' were involved.

Took me an hour at the BM to find a combination that was almost good enough.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Technically, the overflow and the warning pipe are two different devices and only the warning pipe needs to be routed to where it can be observed. However, on cisterns of less than 1,000 litres capacity, it is permitted to use the warning pipe as the overflow.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

Thanks, I thinks I want a 32mm (11143) equal T and a solvent weld reducer which should push fit to 32mm T and allow me to weld my overflow into that. And yes it is for condensate.

-- Mike W

Reply to
VisionSet

I did something similar (except it's all solvent weld). However, I fitted a trap with air admitance valve on the basin which uses the 32mm waste, so it can't suck the trap in the boiler dry when you pull the plug in the basin.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Thanks Andrew, I'm reading alot of your previous posts on condensate drain provisions.

-- Mike W

Reply to
VisionSet