overflow pipe

Need to connect 22mm overflow pipe together. Is it solvent weld? Likes of toolstation list overflow pipe separately from their solvent weld range.

Thanks, Mike W

Reply to
VisionSet

I've solvent welded overflow pipe, but that doesn't mean there isn't some variant which isn't, just like the larger sizes where push fit and solvent weld are subtlely different sizes. Come to think of it, I thought it was 21.5mm I used, but may be wrong now?

When solvent welding, try to get uPVC or muPVC fittings rather than ABS, as they weld better IME (but are more expensive and not stocked everywhere).

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Some is, some isn't, and there are slightly different sizes about (different enough not to fit each other's fittings).

Reply to
John Stumbles

I agree. If it is pushfit there is a definate resistance to putting together. If solvent weld the pipe fits fittings quite easily.

You pays your money and takes your choice. Ring Toolstation and they will tell you.

Reply to
Bookworm