Alternative to Solvent Weld adhesive

I'm mid project, and I have to make a solvent weld joint for a waste trap. I normally use push fit stuff ... so no solvent glue in the house. Will acetone, or nail varnish remover work?

Reply to
AndyB

Try it? Try to cement two offcuts of pipe together

Reply to
Bookworm

Cellulose thinners probably will...

Reply to
John Rumm

It certainly does - thank you.

Andy :-)

PS How did you know that I'd have some Cellulose thinners ...

Reply to
AndyB

gloss paint would too

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Because we all buy a can and then only find something useful to do with it every ten years! ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

The message from John Rumm contains these words:

It's good for shifting graffiti.

Reply to
Guy King

Huh? I get through about a can every 6 months..

But then I have a hobby that uses a lot of it.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

(mental image of that said in a Kenneth Williams voice! ;-)

In fact I used to use far more of it when I was more routinely fiddling with radio control boats.

Reply to
John Rumm

That's interesting to know.

How long do you think it might be available? CFC's might see it banned within the next 'very few years'.

Dave

I work at a school and graffiti is something that I have problems with (getting rid of the offensive words, before 5 to 11 years old read/see them.)

Reply to
Dave

The message from Dave contains these words:

Is it halogenated? I know an old tea-towel moistened with it removes all the pen scribbles on the local playground. When you've got a four year old practicing her reading on "Jay sucks c*ck" and so on it prompts some direct action rather than waiting for the council to come and do it. Though actually they're quite good and will be there in a day or two, but it's just as easy to wipe it of yourself.

Reply to
Guy King