Spa chemicals!

Hi all, bought one of them inflatable spas off eBay...(fantastic by the way!) But am having problems understanding how to check bromine levels ect. I have bought a kit for newbie's, but the instructions are next to useless.

Can anyone point me to a decent, simple explanation of what to check, how to check ect?

cheers

Steve

Reply to
R.P.McMurphy

no... but you might be interested in looking up the use of copper and silver for such apps, I gather its a cheaper and cleaner method.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Err, whilst bromine-based treatment is recommended for spas coz of its higher temperature stability, be warned that some people (moi included) are sensitive to bromine - brought me up in itchy rashes. Something the manufacturers aren't too keen to mention. I found out about it when I was idly googling for alternative spa treatments. It's quite well documented in the US, where I guess they have more experience of spas over a longer period of time.

In the end I settled for Aqua-Tabs, a two part oxygen based system, very easy to use and completely effective, with a very occasional dose of chlorine as a shock treatment.

Reply to
The Wanderer