solvent weld vs pushfit diameters

Hello,

Just curious to know why pushfit waste and solvent weld waste have different external diameters?

Is this deliberate so that you can tell the two apart and don't try to weld unweldable plastic?

Or is it just a coincidence?

Would life be simpler if both were the same size?

Thanks, Stephen.

Reply to
Stephen

Yup basically.

I suppose if you favour pushfit then it would, however it would be a right PITA if you were using solvent and kept finding joints that would not weld.

Reply to
John Rumm

The problem comes when you have to join pushfit waste and solvent weld waste. IIRC the only way to do that is with a compression joint and some of those have ridiculously big nuts, which can't fit in tight spaces under floorboards and other awkward places.

Reply to
Stephen

Fittings are made for the coversion I've seen them in the Warehouse B&Qs

Also the rubber collars that adapt CI soil stacks to PVC also come in more modest sizes they have jubilee clips. They would be scarcely bigger than the pushfit joints.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Buster Gonad?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

BES have universal pushfit couplers that will mate with either:

"Universal Waste Coupler" near the bottom.

Reply to
fred

So you do read VIZ then?

Adam