Low water pressure in shower

Hello All. I have just moved into a new house and I have the above problem. All the other taps, appliances seem to be OK. I have moved from around the corner and there is not a hard water problem. Any help appreciated Thanks, John

Reply to
JPick

You need to tell us a bit more about what type of shower it is. For example, it might be:

  • an electric shower, heating cold water as it flows through
  • a gravity fed shower using stored hot and cold water
  • a power shower, using stored hot and cold water, but with a booster pump

The reason for the lack of pressure - or presumably adequate flow - is likely to be different depending on which type it is.

Reply to
Set Square

To further my enquiry, it is an electric shower with cold water run through. John...

Reply to
JPick

Is it running at a good pressure when turned all the way down to the coldest setting? What is the power rating of the shower? Are there any valves in the supply that inhibit the flow? Is it off the mains or was it plumbed into the tank fed cold water? ..

SJW A.C.S. Ltd.

Reply to
Lurch

Three possibilities suggest:

  1. You're not used to electric showers and hadn't realised how crap they are.
  2. Some moron has connected it to a tanked supply in the loft, instead of to your mains supply.
  3. Your mains supply is inadequete.

I'm sure I could think of more.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Well there may be blockages etc., as others have suggested - but the most likely cause is inadequate heating capacity. The colder the water to start with (and mains cold water is pretty cold this time of year!) and the hotter the outlet temperature, the smaller the flow of water which the stupid thing can heat as it passes through. Even the most powerful electric showers are likely to have a very disappointing performance in the winter.

You either have to live with it, or incur the expense of replacing it with a decent power shower which uses stored hot and cold water and a boost pump.

Reply to
Set Square