Laminate Flooring

Hi All,

I'm a little confused by the Floormaster 1600 laminates available from B&Q my understanding was they are LOC systems and require no glue, however I have just checked the Floormaster website and as far as I can tell glue is required

Quote from

"Glue is crucial to laminate flooring, the glue between the boards is the only thing keeping the floor together. Make sure that you use Floormaster glue - then you know it is fit for the purpose."

Also if you look at the esential info page pictures clearly show glue being applied.

Does anyone know if glue is required or not for the Floormaster 1600 range?

Thanks

Leo

Reply to
Leo Monastero

however I

Floormaster

1600 range?

Why don't you call them and ask the number is on their web site

a.. Floormaster Help Desk 01276 682682 (normal office hours).

Reply to
AK

I've heard non good things about Floormaster.

So I used Pergo instead (available from Allied Carpets).

They do a click system and that requires no glue at all. I can vouch that it looks good. Can't vouch for it's life expectancy (sold the flat) but the research I did indicated people were happy with it after some years.

Tim

Reply to
Tim

As an employee of b&q I can assure u we do not sell any laminate flooring that requires glue.

Reply to
Boz

It is a Loc. However, if you want to take advantage of its better water resistance (i.e. bathroom/kitchen), then you need to glue it as well, or water will get into the joins and split the laminations.

Early Floormaster 1600 wasn't Loc type.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Thanks all for the advice.

I assume by using glue along the joints it will also reduce the risk of gaps appearing between the boards as a result of temperature changes & general wear or is this not really an issue with the Loc system?

Reply to
Leo