Subject Author Posted Replies

PHE says no flu at all
Is this because of social distancing, mask wearing, hand washing, fear or inability to get to a GP, or something else ? See this article in the Inde - Experts say decline in infections could justify...
101
101

A lamp blew and then...
Got a funny. Dimmers are V-Pro. The sort where you can change from leading to trailing edge and set a minimum and maximum level. Out of the box, the one driving the single central pendant, which is an...
10
10

same
is Paxolin the same as bakerlight ? ...
41
41

PAR 25 lamps
For those who don't know them, they are a smaller version of the PAR 38 - usually 75 watts in old money. They are similar to an RO 80. But shorter so don't stick out of the housing so much and give a...
3
3

Lamona Rieza Monoblock cold tap leaks
I'm looking to change the washer or Cartridge on this tap as when the cold water is running there is a small leak from the cold turn handle. Ok here's the bit where I need advice, I've removed the...

Follow up to Outside Clinic NHS Franchise for home eye test.
Completed my home eye test yesterday, very professional young lady and no pressure to buy glasses from them. Took 45 minutes. Excellent service.
1
1

Not that anybody is interested...
Further to my close up eyesight getting better recently known as "second sight"......I'm just back from the Optician and all is Ok ...no diabetic changes.... pressure OK ....blood supply to rear of...
21
21

A lamp blew and then...
Just as an update I've made up the dimmer. Used a Knightsbridge polished chrome 2 gang plate from TLC. Which I've used before to make 'specials' like say for AV. I think the last one I used was chrome...
4
4

OT - USA Car Parks
Odd how they always seem to have curbs or rails that you nose your wheels up to - but we never see them in the UK. Are they mandated in some way in the USA?
13
13

Dermal filler
Hi friend. Do you know what's dermal filler?Do you know Juvederm and Restylane? It could use for treatment with injectable fillers involves injecting a substance into areas of the face that have lost...
8
8

Temp reading on room stat (sort of)
I have a Digistat3 room thermostat, it is not connected to the central heating but used as a stand alone thermometer just because it can :-) it has worked ok for a few years but recently stuck at temp...
5
5

OT - TF card vs microSD card?
I've just seen details of a device which uses a TF card. Hadn't heard of this before so I tried to look it up but the information seems to be a bit garbled and different depending on where you look. I...
8
8

Purposed Hivac Neon
I must have had it since 1969 or 1970. It was a sample neon made by Hivac Ltd. I found it while repacking all my electronic components and modules prior to downsizing, many not touched since the...
2
2

Wanted - a way to get a cable through a hidden stud
I know it's a tall order but still I may as well ask... Is there any clever way of getting a cable through a hidden stud behind plasterboard? I want to feed a lamp from a switch mounted on an internal...
38
38

A lamp blew and then...
Kitchen has florries under the cupboards. Downlighters lighting the rest of the worktops. A central pendant light over the table. All incandescent. A 4 gang light switch at the door with three touch...
6
6