Subject Author Posted Replies

Oh No a blown LED bulb...!
I thought these lasted forever.. I unscrewed it and thought 'that's funny, where are the electronics?' ... ...and realised that it was just about the last incandescent bulb left outside, that I...

Dummy starter as switch? Fluorescent
I've replaced the fluorescent tube with an LED tube so it now has a dummy starter. The room has a low ceiling and for various reasons it would suit to turn the light on and off via the dummy starter....
14
14

Fenestrating
Patrick Wright uncovers the history of Broadcasting House and goes behind the scenes of this iconic building. Broadcast on BBC 2 on 7 November 1997. Patrick Wright uncovers the history of Broadcasting...

egg crate door replacement
I have a very light weight thin 35mm bathroom door and I have my eye on a white moulded panel door from B&Q for £40 ... I need some high level light into the top hall so I was thinking of cutting out...
51
51

Little Duck
Has anybody noticed the drastic decrease in quality of little duck toilet tissue all of a sudden?.....used to be able to get three 18 roll packs for a tenner from Farmfoods.....now three are well over...
22
22

Sourcing an obscure potentiometer
A friend of mine (no electronics expertise) is trying to source this potentiometer (which incorporates a push switch to turn on/off). it?s physically rather weak and the shaft has snapped. She?s had...
9
9

Wanted: link to BS standard 4008 download (cattle grid design)
I can't justify buying this and, it seems, libraries are not what they once were so I looked around the web ... but without success. This group never ceases to surprise me so perhaps someone can help...
5
5

Cracks in concrete fence post: ignore, repair, or ...?
One of a few "SupremeLite" concrete slotted fence posts bought in 2007 has developed vertical cracks up to 3mm wide and (as best I can measure) 10~20mm deep. Are these best (a) ignored, (b) repaired...
9
9

Google failure ? WTF is "inherent" drying (dishwasher)
Having discovered I "need" to replace the whole ****ing inner door panel on my 10 year old dishwasher, it seems time for a new one. Stumbled across "inherent heat" as a drying method for some designs....
65
65

always said this
said that swopable batteries were the only way forward for electric vehicles....imagine going into a service station and a robot swaps your battery and off you go....
78
78

Dwarf jems
So why can't they just call Midget jems Dwarf jems...or would the woke still complain ?
10
10

that royal punter
What is the big problem of him shagging a 17 year old I was shagging 16 year olds at 16 and I am sure it wasn't against the law...is the age of consent 18 in the states or something ? ...
76
76

Celotex on wooden garage doors
I spend quite a lot of time in my workshop cum garage that is attched to the house. I wanted to make it warmer in the winter and a couple of years ago I fitted 2" thick Celotex panels on the inside of...
27
27

Statues
Based on Colson and the BBC statue would it be ok to go and smash up the nearest Volkswagen ? ....
13
13

power factor
Can anybody explain power factor when it comes to 3w and 5w led bulbs and why a smart meter will charge you the same for both of them...keep it simple I'm not very bright....get it ...bright...tee hee
37
37