Subject Author Posted Replies

The unwanted television
I have a little Sony, it?s a Trinitron you see My son came round on Thursday and he foisted it on me It?s a lovely little telly and it has its own remote But its analogue, not digital, and worth...
32
32

DIY staff 'are best at explaining products'
DIY staff 'are best at explaining products' Staff in DIY stores and garden centres emerge in a new survey as having the best product knowledge and being most effective in explaining product benefits...
7
7

DIYer recovers after screwdriver penetrates head
DIYer recovers after screwdriver penetrates head A DIY enthusiast is expected to make a full recovery after falling onto a screwdriver, which pierced his skull....
10
10

OT - Importing a Northern Irish car into England
I have no paperwork at all. All I have is a car with an NI number plate and the keys. Any ideas? All the DVLA website says is "contact the DVLA"
51
51

decoding yEnc files
How do you decode them ?
2
2

10 pi projects ...
Ten pi-fect projects for your new Raspberry Pi • The Register
6
6

Grouping factor for looped cables
If a circuit loops back on itself within a conduit (e.g. in and out of a socket drop or a switched live running alongside the unswitched live) do you count it as 1 or 2 for grouping? The Regs refer to...
1
1

That Stuff (TM)?
Dad used to have a great hand cleaner called something like That Stuff. It was white and had bits in and came in a squish bottle shaped a bit like a fat Dalek. It would easily remove paint, grease and...
39
39

CFL Pendant Fitting
I visited a freind in a Retirement Home on Tues. All looking very homely except for a few bare CFLs in his hallway. I noticed the lampholder was something I hadn't see before so I didn't offer to go...
7
7

Now there's a bit of plumbing
Slighlty tickles me to see lever valves and brass fittings as we can buy in use on this. I've no doubt they're not cheapy shed no-name ones, of course. Submarine Manufacturing & Products Ltd are...
5
5

OT Cameron gone bonkers...
Going the same way as Bliar. David Cameron tells MPs the UK government would consider vetoing any extension to the European Union's arms embargo on Syria.
42
42

Anyone smell a rat?
My daughter's downstairs lavatory is blocked. Her husband, useless in every respect except impregnating females, called here to discuss the problem, so I gave him a set of drain rods and some basic...
18
18

Electrical Timer
Hello I was given a adapter that plugged into an electrical socket and switches anything plugged into it off and on according to a timer. A bit like a boiler timer. According to the packaging it is...
7
7

Networking question
No you're not, you are thinking logically. Daisy-chain the gigabit switches if one hasn't got enough ports, and just one cable to link them to your router.
100
100

Extra long coach bolts, or similar
Is there a source of extremely long coach bolts or something similar? I need 24" (and 25" would be better). I've tried places like Toolstation and Screwfix with no luck. I suppose I could use threaded...
34
34