Now there's a bit of plumbing

Slighlty tickles me to see lever valves and brass fittings as we can buy in use on this. I've no doubt they're not cheapy shed no-name ones, of course.

Grimly Curmudgeon

me/SMP-Short...

Well what else would you use?

Reply to
harry

Hmm, and what would the average person want one for?

Maybe we could put ian Drunkan Smith in there for keeps?

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I remember as a lad going on a school visit to the exhibition of Russian technology in Earl's Court in 1960 (see

On display was one of their early space capsules. The pipework and valves could easily have come from any local ironmonger's shop. I was singularly unimpressed!

Reply to
Chris Hogg

Yes, the peaceful Atom booklet I probably still have that.

Actually, the stuff on the ISS is not a whole not more sophisticated even now. The one thing about them is reliability, hence the basic design. Besides in those clumsy gloves you need big and chunky stuff to be able to use them. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

We've got a large amount of UFH at work (although the only time it's used is when one of the three furnaces goes titsup) - three zones controlled by three pumps and fed by two separate boilers from a common feed, with each zone having several loops brought out to common manifolds (and each loop having a flow indicator on the manifold). The pipework's all mounted on one wall, with isolating valves either side of each component. It's all quite pretty :-)

Reply to
Jules Richardson