Brass Compression Fittings

Is it acceptable to use brass compression fittings for CPVC as well as copper so far as you make sure to use the inserts????

If so... how about PEX?????

Is this an acceptable method to connect CPVC/PEX to copper?????

Reply to
The Heath's

I have seen compression fitting used on cpvc without inserts that worked fine.

cm

Reply to
CM

There's also a fitting called "flare it" that you can use on PEX to repair, or construct. I used a 'flare it' male adaptor to put a new end on a pex line under a sink. Whereas the old clamped on copper fitting had trapped a butt load of calcium that had broke loose from the iron piping way back by the water heater. The 'flare it' fittings are also what is used in rv's to plumb them up. Check them out at:

steve

Reply to
Steve Barker

Absolutely not. We have building codes to avoid mistakes like those in every field, Besides being far more difficult to assemble, such bastardized combinations seldom keep working very long. Why waste your time? Do it right and move on to the next project. HTH

Joe

Reply to
Joe