Anyone smell a rat?

My daughter's downstairs lavatory is blocked. Her husband, useless in every respect except impregnating females, called here to discuss the problem, so I gave him a set of drain rods and some basic instruction. I have now received an email as follows: Dad, would you like to come down on Sunday afternoon? It's your birthday soon so I thought we'd have a little party, starting at 5. But come just after lunch. It's only just us and you and mum so don't dress up. xxxxxxx PS Thanks for mending the gate and the upstairs lights

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Yes

Reply to
Gib Bogle

+1
Reply to
Howard Neil

In message , Bill Wright writes

& you're not even being offered lunch.
Reply to
usenet2012

Dearest daughter, Being my birthday, and getting on a bit, I have decided to take things easy on Sunday -after all everyone deserves a day off once in a while don't the y? To that end me & your mother have decided to go to the pub for lunch & h ave a nice relaxing afternoon with a few drinks & old friends etc, you & xx x would be most welcome to join us....

Your loving father Ps tell xxx to wash the drain rods in bleach before brining them back.

Jim k

Reply to
Jim K

Is he a banker/politician or some such? Turn up with a bandage on your hand and offer to supervise while he does the job.

Reply to
harry

Daaaad....

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Devious........... I like it. :-)

Reply to
Bill

No do they have Beavers down there? Maybe the toilet is blocked with a beaver dam.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I've had mum call up when dad was away...

Andrew, would you like to come over for lunch? Yes, of course. And could you bring your drain rods...

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Your mum's handy .... !

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Then, when it's done, remove the bandage.

Reply to
Davey

On Thursday 14 March 2013 09:53 Davey wrote in uk.d-i-y:

And push him down the hole...

Reply to
Tim Watts

Funnily enough, I love playing with drain rods. A very satisfying job. ;-)

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

I suspect a rat is not all you will smell.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Used to use them to unblock the rubbish chutes in tower blocks. Quite good when you finally unblocked it and heard the satisfying whoosh and thump as the rubbish fell down into the bin. Never used one on a drain though.

Reply to
mogga

I hope you don't have to climb down 5 foot to remove a bin liner like I had to do at my parents[1].

Of course my Mothers's only comment when I had finished and my Dad was hosing me down was "Have you got that 6.50 for those chocolates I picked up for you?"

[1] Yes, I know you are not supposed to do that
Reply to
ARW

Can't wait for the Monday update.

Reply to